Kyran Research Associates, Inc. is an information technology firm founded in 1980 and dedicated to the design, development, implementation and support of business solutions.
We have a proud tradition of working cooperatively with clients to develop state-of-the-art, user-friendly and intuitive web-based systems designed to cost effectively automate business processes. We leverage current technology and our staff’s extensive technical skills and business process reengineering experience with our client’s vision of the future. Our web-based solutions are well engineered and feature modular components that are flexible, portable and easily maintained.
While most consulting agencies have focused on ‘resource placement’ Kyran has focused on providing tangible solutions. We provide the right balance of technical resources at the appropriate point in a project. Kyran successfully delivers complex web-based systems on-time, and within budget. We successfully manage project scope and stakeholder expectations and our systems have a high adoption rate. Resource management, combined with our project management, design and implementation experience allow us to offer cost-effective, low risk solutions to custom software development.
- Access to resources skilled in popular technologies including Java, J2EE, EJBs, VB.NET, C#, SOA, web services, applet design development, object oriented design and development, Oracle, SQL Server and a host of other technologies and methodologies.
- Cost savings in employee overhead associated with benefits including vacations, holidays, sick time, insurance, 401(k) and other
- Lower the risk associated with hiring mistakes and employee attrition
- Lower costs associated with skill training and learning curves
- Increase your technical team’s exposure to new ideas, approaches, standards and technology.
Planning and Project Management
Kyran’s project managers have more than 20 years of business, technical and project management experience. Using a proven project management methodology combined with excellent interpersonal communication skills, Kyran’s project managers successfully set stakeholder expectations and guide the software development process – delivering well engineered solutions that meet client specific needs on-time and within budget.
Kyran’s project managers are comfortable facilitating Joint Application Design meetings and good meeting practices to ensure that:
- Project sponsors and appropriate stakeholders are engaged throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Projects are managed according to a plan developed with project sponsors
- A flexible approach allows for modifications to initial plans when new requirements are identified throughout the SDLC
- Risks are identified, assessed and communicated to clients in order to effectively mitigate potential issues
- Issues are identified, appropriately escalated and resolved in a timely fashion Application Design
Our analysts use Joint Application Design (JAD) techniques with our clients and their stakeholders to ensure that the systems we develop:
- Meet the individual needs of our clients
- implement appropriate sets of checks and balances to ensure data integrity
- present an end user interface that is intuitive, easy-to-use and easily navigable
- table-driven and flexible to meet the changing nature of business
Our application design process takes the input from the business analysis process and translates business requirements into :
- Process models and data flow models
- Functional Requirements
- Entity Relationship Diagrams and logical data models
- Comprehensive object oriented design specifications
Kyran’s technical team members maintain their skills in line with the latest developments in technology, enabling us to provide our clients with cost-effective solutions that are easily supported well into the future.
- SQL Server
- Tools for logical and physical data modeling
- Java/Java Server Pages (JSP)
- MicroSoft Word, Excel
- Kofax Imaging
- Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- Crystal Reports
- Custom Interfaces
- Model View Controller (MVC)
- Enterprise Java Beans
Kyran adheres to published standards for software development, database design, and documentation.
Quality Assurance begins during the design of the system when the business analysts begin formulating use cases. Kyran’s test plans are well documented and include unit, system and regression level testing.
Over the course of our history, Kyran has converted data from systems ranging from legacy mainframe to disparate PC-based data sources including but not limited to:
- PC Focus
- Access, Excel
- SQL Server
Kyran’s data analysts map existing legacy data to the new target database. The mapping process includes detailed documentation regarding exception handling, default values and other details. The specification also details any exception reporting that can be used to determine the success of the conversion (number of records found, number converted, handling of unexpected values, etc.)
This document is designed to be used by a software engineer to code the conversion of legacy data to the new target database and by a quality assurance engineer to test the quality of the converted data.
Once the conversion has been completed, all conversion-related information is provided to the customer including the converted data, exception reports log files and other deliverables.
Software engineers – have a particularly tricky technical problem to solve? Our engineers have extensive experience designing solutions with seamless interfaces for:
- uploading, exporting and processing files
- creating dynamic .pdf files
- processing credit card transactions
- processing financial transactions