Training Registration Management
The Training Registration System (TRS) is a comprehensive web-based solution for managing all aspects of training registration. An optional feature is available to provide integration with an online training component.
System features include:
- online student self-registration
- training and exercise schedules in calendar and list format
- student transcripts
- extensive on-line help
- document library of informational materials
- online course evaluations
- attendance tracking including no-show history and reporting
- integration of EMI course participation
- automatic generation of certificates of completion
- automatic email and text messaging
- on-demand email messaging to students and instructors
- data imports and exports
- comprehensive management reports
- flexible, role-based security
- mobile version
Students may locate and select courses or exercises in which they have an interest, self-register online, and verify prerequisites. The list of available courses and exercises may be viewed in calendar or list format. Students receive email notifications related to new training opportunities, registration, course cancellations, training reminders, evaluations and certificates.
TRS maintains a single profile of all course participation for each student. This includes converted data, current training and EMI course participation.
Students have online access to their transcript and may view, print and download certificates of completion. The Document and Reference Library provides access to informational and instructional material that may be of interest to the student.
The mobile version of TRS allows students to register for training and check their Student training schedules.
Instructors have online access to their training schedules and all instructor-based reporting.
A number of emails are automatically generated to instructors:
- Instructor Packet
- Instructor Evaluation Report
- Notification of an available training opportunity
Administrators maintain the course list, post trainings to the calendar, manage instructor profiles and training locations, broadcast custom email messages, and import FEMA/EMI course participation lists. Cost of training data may be tracked by account code, cost center and fiscal year for individual offerings.
The system includes a number of features that streamline the process of advertising and managing courses and supporting registrants, instructors and training coordinators. A variety of reports related to registration provide administrators with the tools to effectively manage the frequency, location and size of offerings and maximize training resources.
Automatic emails notify administrators of:
- low course enrollment
- students with special needs
- the need for an instructor assignment
The utility for Managing Attendance enables administrators to easily add or invite students to trainings.
- Web-based, scalable n-tier architecture
- Java, J2EE engineered
- Secure web site with sensitive data encrypted
- Relational SQL-Server database
- Extensive table driven, modular design allows flexibility and customization
- Extensive validation and verification routines to ensure data