Environmental + Health
The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention (CLPPP) system is designed to track the client and environmental details of children with evaluated blood levels of lead in a robust, easily-maintained, end-to-end case management system. The system features:
- Client Demographics
- Blood Tests
- Epidemiological Details
- Address History
- Client Aliases
- Outreach Activity
- Address Clients
- Address Test Results
- Court Actions
- Compliance Certifications
- Waiver Requests
The system manages client information including address history, demographics, and blood test results in the core Client Module.
The Environmental Module manages addresses, Inspections, Orders to Correct, Abatements, enforcement and follow-up activities for individual sites or dwellings. The system also features the ability to maintain a history of owners and residents of a site. These core components are integrally linked via the address.
Data has been logically grouped to form a “Case,” whether it is a client with test results and multiple addresses, or a property of environmental interest with inspections, notices of violations, etc.
Through a feature called blood test triggers, the system automatically creates a client case and an environmental case for the address when an elevated blood test is imported from the labs during the nightly batch process. A trigger can automatically notify staff when elevated blood tests are received. The triggers can also be set up to generate letters for providers and parents. These triggers and the blood lead levels at which they take effect are defined and maintained by authorized users.
Kyran worked with a consortium of New England states to develop the web-based Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP) case management system which features:
- Easy cross-reference between client blood lead levels and residential addresses
- Creation of a “to-do” list to alert personnel to scheduled actions
- Integration of the database with word processing and automatic form letter generation
- Tracking of referrals made by a case management team
- Tracking of calls made to parties outside of CLPPP (provider, private inspector, landlord)
- De-duplication routines for individuals and properties
- Comprehensive reporting capability
- Import of files from various data sources
- Web-based with Thin JAVA client
- Available in both Oracle and SQL Server
- Browser independent
- N-Tier Architecture